The most fun part of any festival is exchanging gifts. It is certainly something that everyone- no matter how old- loves.
Hanukkah isn’t a holiday meant specifically for gifting, over the years, it has become one. Hanukkah, unlike most other festivals, lasts for 8 days, meaning that instead of only one night of exchanging gifts, there are eight! But there some who prefer not to have eight nights of exchanging gifts and they choose one or two of those nights to do so.
Unlike Christmas, Hanukkah gifts are pretty specific. At Christmas, anything passes as a gift, but at Hanukkah, gifts given are usually related to the festival. But it is really up to you, if you feel like buying something general, it’s okay. So to help you out and save you from having to think about what to give as gifts to your family and friends, keep scrolling for cute Hanukkah gift ideas.
HANUKKAH GIFTS FOR KIDS AND ADULTS
HANUKKAH GIFTS FOR KIDS:
- DREIDEL: Dreidel is one of the most popular Hanukkah traditions. It is a game that can be played with family and friends. To play the game you first need to spin a top and then based on what it lands on, you either have to give or take tokens from the pot. It’s the perfect gift for any child and it’s super fun to play with.
- GELT: Gelt is basically money. In the past, instead of gifts, people would give each other money for Hanukkah. Any older kid would love this as they can buy anything they want with the money later on.
- MENORAH: A menorah is a candelabrum used at Hanukkah. It has nine candles. For a child, you can gift him/her a personalized menorah, which they will surely love.
Books are always a great gift. Based on the age of the child you are giving it to, choose a book at their reading level that interests them. Gifting books like ‘The Night Before Hanukkah’ and ‘The Story of Hanukkah’ would educate children on the significance of Hanukkah.
TOYS AND GAMES:
- DREIDEL FIDGET SPINNER: A dreidel fidget spinner especially for Hanukkah is a cute gift for a child that they will enjoy playing with.
- BOARD GAMES: Buy a couple of classic board games for your child that can be played by the whole family. Favorites like Monopoly, Clue, Twister, The Game of Life, and Candy land are a few that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Which child doesn’t love candy? This Hanukkah you can choose from a variety of sweets made especially for Hanukkah. Chocolate Gelt coins, Chocolate lentils gems, Non-dairy Hanukkah chocolate lollipops, shortbread mini cookies, and a Hanukkah donut mix are some of the few sweet snacks that any child enjoys eating at this time of the year.
HANUKKAH GIFTS FOR ADULTS
CASHMERE SWEATERS: Cashmere sweaters are super comfy and cozy and are perfect for the winter season.
HANUKKAH SCENTED CANDLE: Hanukkah scented candles have a mixture of scents like butter, apple sauce, and potato – to remind one of the scents at Hanukkah parties.
PLUSH BLANKET: A plush blanket is a perfect gift for when you want to cuddle up on your sofa and Netflix and chill and have a hot cup of hot cocoa with chocolate cookies.
COMFORTABLE TRAVEL PILLOW: For anyone who loves to travel or travels a lot on work, a comfy travel pillow is a very thoughtful gift that they will surely appreciate. A smart travel pillow wraps around your neck like a scarf but gives your neck the support it needs for you to fall asleep.
BATH SALTS: For anyone who loves relaxing, these relaxing and detoxifying bath salts are the best gifts. They soothe and calm the body with their calming scent.
SMART SPEAKER: A small pocket-sized smart speaker can be gifted to a tech lover. They are pretty affordable and can be used to listen to music, make calls, and listen to audiobooks.
DEEP FRYER: Sufganiyot or jelly-filled donuts need to be deep-fried. A deep fryer is a good investment that will be helpful when making Sufganiyot and so many other foods.
ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER: An essential oil diffuser gives off calming and relaxing scents. It can be placed in any room on a bookshelf, center table, or a nightstand.
SWEET BOX: An ‘8 Nights of Lights’ candy collection box comes with a different sweet treat for each night of Hanukkah.