Design Tiles have become popular over the last few years. People enjoy matching their tiles to the style or trend they are following. Tiles in different models, designs, colours and sizes can be found and all you need to know is which one you want.
If it’s been a while since you last redid your floors, or if you have never done that before but want to try it out now, there are several unique and stylish tile designs you can choose from. Whether you want to redo the flooring in your kitchen, bathroom or living room, we have all the trending design tiles for 2021 that you are sure to love.
From plain floors, people now seem to love having tiles that are colourful and have patterns on them. So keep scrolling to see the new Design Tile trends that will be trending in 2021!
Design Tiles Trends for 2021
- Wood Floors: Natural wood floors are super popular. The 2021 trend involves having solid hardwood and wood lookalike floor tiles. They are simple yet sophisticated. Different textured floors each come with their own unique style. They say that no two textured wood planks ever look the same exact way. There is always something that differentiates them.
Textured wood floors make a home look very cosy and comfy. Wood floors look elegant and are also very easy to maintain.
- Marble Tiles: Marble floors have always been in-style. They are bright and lovely to look at. But a sad fact about marble floors is that many can’t afford to have them. If you are one of these people, you do not need to worry, there are many marble-lookalike options that you will totally be able to afford. Ceramic tile manufacturers have found a way to give you more durable and less expensive tiles that look and feel just like marble. Marble tiles used in bathrooms look extra fancy and trendy. By using them in your bathroom, you will be able to make yours look like a fancy hotel bathroom. They say that the marble look is timeless. No matter the year, it will always be in style!
- Stone Floors: Stone floors are very in-fashion. Many people use them in their kitchens and bathrooms. Marble, limestone and slate floors are the best looking stone floors. They are neat and clean and look very refined. They look amazing in any room of the house.
- Encaustic-Look Tiles: Encaustic tiles are ceramic tiles on which the pattern or figure is made of a minimum of two and maximum of six different colours of clay. This style was very popular in the Victorian and Edwardian eras but has been revived in the recent past and is making its way to becoming a major trend. Back in the day, they were hand-made and very expensive, but nowadays you can get as beautifully detailed as they were at a way more affordable price. The gorgeous patterns on them look beautiful in bathrooms and kitchens. Also, on walls.
- Terrazzo Tiles: The terrazzo tile trend began in commercial spaces. You would have seen them at shopping malls and grocery stores. Over the last few years, these tiles have become very popular even for residential use. Though the original tiles were made of recycled glass, concrete and marble, you can now get them in porcelain at a more affordable price. This trend is still making its way to the top, but the unique look is sure to be trending soon!
- Decorative Tile flooring: Many people have started to express their personalities using their floors. Decorative tiles are a great help when trying to do so. Your floors will be like a canvas, you can make them look like a work of art. You get to be creative and express yourself. These tiles can be found in various unique styles so that you can match them to the rest of your décor at home. Art Deco tiles and Moroccan tiles are both very popular. This trend is bold and loved by many.
Besides the design tile trends, many people prefer to choose their flooring based on colour. They choose colours that match the style that they have decorated their interiors with. Some of the in-style colours being used today are black tiles, grey tiles, white tiles and white-washed tiles.
Many of the trends listed above are pretty simple and neutral like the wood tiles, stone tiles and terrazzo tiles. While the Encaustic tiles and Decorative tiles are more colourful and fancier. Though the latter two are loved by many people, many others have started to live simpler lifestyles with simple houses and basic neutral flooring. Using the Encaustic and decorative tiles do become an issue if you try to sell your house later on, but as long as you are staying there, you are free to make the choices that you want.